Luciana Martorano, a highly experienced attorney that has been active for a decade as an antitrust specialist, joined Licks Attorneys as a new partner, effective August, 2017.
Luciana has gathered significant experience representing domestic and multinational companies in high profile cases related to all aspects of antitrust law, including leniencies and complex merger reviews. She has vast experience in preparing antitrust risk analysis on M&A transactions and vertical restraints practices and participated in more than 70 Merger Review Proceedings before CADE, including multijurisdictional transactions. She has been involved in numerous high-profile merger control cases including negotiations of Remedies.
Luciana holds a Master degree in corporate law from the University of São Paulo (USP) and has worked with some other law firms of the sector such as Franceschini e Miranda and Sampaio Ferraz. Luciana has also gathered experience in full-service law firms such TozziniFreire Advogados. She speaks Portuguese, English, Spanish and Italian.
Luciana Martorano’s arrival reflects the firm’s commitment to meet its clients demands, expanding its
partnership with professionals that share the same core values.
Licks Attorneys’ antitrust group has a broad and a unique experience in antitrust matters, providing clients with a logical and multidisciplinary perspective unified with each relevant technical and legal detail to protect the lawful success of our clients’ activity.
Antitrust Practice Group
Our antitrust attorneys work together to provide clients with the best solutions in all aspects of the antitrust law, including:
• Pre-merger notification and formal challenge of transactions;
• Every type and stage of private and government antitrust investigation;
• Leniency and settlement Agreements;
• Defense of clients against cartels and unilateral conducts accusations;
• Wide range of civil antitrust litigation including judicial review and private damages;
• Antitrust risk analysis on M&A transactions and vertical restraints practices;
• Antitrust advice on sector regulation and public procurement;
• Compliance programs; and
• General advisory.
Luciana Martorano can be contacted at Licks Attorneys’ Sao Paulo Office: +55 11 3033 3704;
or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org