Ana Amelia Araripe Montenegro specializes in strategic management of trademark, patent and design portfolios for national and international clients, providing consultancy services to obtain and enforce IP rights, conducting administrative proceedings before the Brazilian PTO (INPI) and the National Agency of Health Surveillance (ANVISA), among others.
She has several years of experience in drafting and registering contracts involving intellectual property assets, franchises and technology transfer, acquired on different leading full practice law firms in Brazil.
Ana Amelia also worked with M&A’s and Corporate teams coordinating due diligence processes on transactions involving intellectual property assets.
Author or co-author of the following recent publications, amongst others:
• “Innovation and Intellectual Property for the National Pharmaceutical Sector”. Published in the Brazilian Business Magazine – Edition 284 – Jan/Fev 2014.
• “Regulation of Internet in Brazil and the Development of New Technologies.” Presented at the Seminar Public Policies, Fundamental Rights and Development held at Universidade Cândido Mendes on 19 and 20 September 2012.
• “The Importance of strengthening brands in the sector of maritime services.” Published in Guia Marítimo Magazine nº 476 on March 2012.
• “The Role of ANVISA” – on prior approval of pharmaceutical patents”. Published in O Globo newspaper on July 2, 2011.
• Brazilian Bar Association (OAB – RJ).
• Member of the Mediator’s Panel of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for the INPI-BR Mediation Chamber (2013).
• International Trademark Association (INTA) – ADR Committee.
• American Chamber of Commerce of Rio de Janeiro (AMCHAM-Rio) – Intellectual Property Committee.
• Comercial Chamber Brazil – Canada (CCBC) – Intellectual Property,Technology Transfer Contracts and Innovation Committee.
Masters in Intellectual Property and Innovation at the National Academy of the Brazilian Patent and Trademark’s Office – INPI-BR (2014 – on going).
Mediation and Arbitration in Intellectual Property at the Brazilian Institute of Mediation and Arbitration – IMAB (2013).
ADR Workshop provided by INPI-BR and WIPO (2012).
Business Law course at Ibmec Rio de Janeiro (2011).
Specialization in Trademarks at the Brazilian Association of Industrial Property Agents – ABAPI (2010).
Specialization in Civil Procedure Litigation – Course taught by Appellate Judge Alexandre Camara (2010).
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), – Rio de Janeiro’s Federal University – UFRJ (2009).