Deborah Lopes started her career in a major litigation firm in 2005. She joined
the Intellectual Property litigation team with Licks Attorney’s founding partners
in 2009, having spent one year as an in-house senior attorney for the leading
Brazilian multinational jewelry company between 2015 and 2016.
Ms. Lopes’ practice has been focusing on litigation of patent, trademark
and copyright matters before both trial and appellate courts,
including infringement, anti-counterfeiting, patent validity, regulatory
compliance and unfair competition. She also has a lot of experience with
administrative proceedings before government agencies, such as the
Brazilian FDA (ANVISA) and the BRPTO (INPI).
- LL.B, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), 2008;
- Professional Training Course in Industrial Property, Brazilian Industrial
- Property Agents Association (ABAPI), 2010;
- Advanced Course in Civil Procedure Law on Intellectual Property,
- Brazilian Industrial Property Agents Association (ABAPI), 2011;
- LL.M, Litigation – New challenges, Getulio Vargas Foundation – Rio de Janeiro (FGV), 2015.
- “Lawsuits to accelerate the examination of trademark or patent applications”, Clients’ Newsletter, April 2012.
- Article commenting a rule by the Administrative Panel of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) regarding internet domain names dispute, published at Brazilian newspaper Economic Value, November 2012.