Licks Attorneys’ antitrust group has a broad and a unique experience in antitrust matters, providing clients with a logical and multidisciplinary perspective unified with each relevant technical and legal detail to protect the lawful success of our clients’ activity.
Headed by Luciana Martorano, a highly experienced attorney that has been active for almost a decade as an antitrust/competition specialist, our specialized attorneys worked in several antitrust leading cases, including:
• Participated in more than 70 Merger Review Proceedings before CADE, including multijurisdictional transactions.
• Participated in several negotiations of Settlement Agreements with CADE.
• Acted in several judicial actions to obtain the recognition of IP rights and for IP enforcement that has relevant contact with antitrust issues, including the enforcement of SEPs (standard essential patents).
• Acted in lawsuits seeking to invalidate the largest fine imposed by CADE in connection with unilateral conducts.
Our antitrust group further benefits from partners that are among the most highly regarded lawyers in the field, including Nuno Carvalho – a former Director of the Intellectual Property and Competition Policy Division of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Carlos Aboim, on litigation of antitrust matters. The perfect balance between vast practice experience and profound knowledge.
Our antitrust attorneys work together to provide clients with the best solutions in all aspects of the antitrust law, including:
• Pre-merger notification and formal challenge of transactions;
• Every type and stage of private and government antitrust investigation;
• Leniency and settlement Agreements;
• Defense of clients against cartels and unilateral conducts accusations;
• Wide range of civil antitrust litigation including judicial review and private damages;
• Antitrust risk analysis on M&A transactions and vertical restraints practices;
• Antitrust advice on sector regulation and public procurement;
• Compliance programs;
• Antitrust litigation; and
• General advisory.