Alexandre Dalmasso is a Partner in our São Paulo office where he leads the Compliance team and works with other practice areas on legal issues impacting corporations in Brazil. He has a solid experience in legal and compliance and over 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with international companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Astellas and Biogen. The experience entailed two mergers, the sale of 21 products, several distribution agreements, negotiating with the Brazilian government the sale of the Farmanguinhos site, consolidating compliance culture through the implementation of a wide number of compliance tools under the supervision of an American judge, PDP discussions, implementation of a global compliance culture, compliance handbook for emerging markets and enhancement of a new brand of ethics and compliance department.
- Criminal & Compliance
- Counseling and Transactional
- Life Sciences
- Food & Drug Law
- Regulatory Law
- Government Contracts & Public Procurements
- Criminal Law
- Two complex mergers, being the first one the inclusion a toll manufacturing agreement, considering that one of the parties had a joint venture with another company and the main plant was under construction; and the second one including four different legal entities, with relevant labour, tax and environmental issues to be solved, divestment of 21 products, a wide number of license, distribution and subdistribution agreements, a recurrent number of regulatory issues under consultation, transfer of technology and PDPs negotiations with different authorities and additional administrative and legal measures to guarantee to mitigate risks.
- Solid performance to implement a Compliance culture in the Brazilian affiliate of a company under a deferred prosecution agreement.
- Creation of a compliance program in a start-up company in Brazil, covering a set of key policies and procedures, training and communications schedules, anticorruption programs, compliance monitoring, risk assessment design and implementation, compliance investigations, due diligence of third party representatives, data privacy mapping and transparency system implementation.
- Elected as one of the most admired compliance officers in Brazil in 2018 according to a survey issued by LEC (Legal, Ethics & Compliance Community).
- Adjunct professor of Compliance and Legal Basis in Healthcare at ESPM in Sao Paulo-SP and of Compliance at IBS / FGV in Belo Horizonte-MG.
- Speaker in over 50 different legal and life sciences CLE seminars and programs.
- Latam Compliance Certification, Seton Hall, Buenos Aires (2017);
- Specialization in Labor Law, Robortella Course, Sao Paulo (2008);
- Specialization in Constitutional Law, Law Updating and Study Center, Rio de Janeiro (2004);
- Specialization in Politics & Strategy, Graduated Association of War Superior School, Rio de Janeiro (2001);
- M.B.A. in Entrepreneurial Law, Getulio Vargas Foundation, Rio de Janeiro (1997);
- Specialization in Constitutional Law, Salgado de Oliveira University, Niteroi (1994);
- Accountability (5th semester), Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi (1993);
- Law Graduate Program, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi (1990);
- Diplomatic Career Preparation, Arnaldo Rigueira Course, Rio de Janeiro (1986).
“Compliance in the Legal Department Management” (1st edition, Modern Legal Department Strategic Management, Jurua Editora, ISBN 978853622878-5)