Science & Patent Specialist
Alice Rayol is a Patent Specialist with over 2 decades of practice in patent prosecution, specially within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology arts. She has a broad experience in providing opinions in complex patent prosecution cases, besides FTO, validity and infringement analysis. She has been nomited technical assitant in many litigation cases.
Alice also acts in providing assistance in obtainment of protection for plant varieties before the SNPC. Morever, during her masters she obtained laboratorial and scientific training of excellence.
- Life Sciences
Alice has been Coordinator of Working Comittee of Plant Varieties of the Brazilian Association of Intellectual Property (2014-2015).
The dissertation presented to obtain her Master Degree was entitled “Eficácia da Vacina Intranasal Utilizando Antígenos de Diferentes Espécies de Leishmania e seu Efeito Imunomodulador na Leishmaniose Cutânea Murina” (Efficacy of Intransal Vaccine Using Antigens of Different Types of Leishmania Species and its Immunomodulatory Effect in Murine Cutaneous Leishmaniasis).
- Federal Council of Pharmacy (CRF/RJ);
- Brazilian Association of Intellectual Property (ABPI).
- PhD in Public Politics, with emphasis in Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ, ongoing).
- MSc in Biological Sciences at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ, 2006);
- Bachelor in Pharmacy at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ, 2003);
- Technical degree in Biotechnology at Federal School of Chemistry of Rio de Janeiro (ETFQ, 1999).
- RAYOL A. Medicine for the millions. Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review. 2018;
- PINTO, E. F. ; PINHEIRO, R. O. ; RAYOL, A. ; LARRAGA, V. ; ROSSI-BERGMANN, B. . Intranasal Vaccination against Cutaneous Leishmaniasis with a Particulated Leishmanial Antigen or DNA Encoding LACK. Infection and Immunity (Print), v. 72, p. 4521-4527, 2004;
- RAYOL, A.; KASHIWABARA, P. . Intellectual Property Rights related to Access to Genetic Resources in Brazil. Managing Intellectual Property (China), China, p. 49 – 49, 01 dez. 2013;
- RAYOL, A.. Tendências de Exame dos Pedidos de Patente na Área de Biotecnologia. Revista da ABPI, p. 49 – 56, 01 mar. 2003;
- RAYOL, A.; BLASI, G. . Biodiversidade e Diversidade Química e Genética. Biotecnologia Ciência & Desenvolvimento, p. 28 – 32, 01 mar. 2000;
- RAYOL, A.. Biotecnologia, Ética e Patentes. Revista da ABPI, p. 20 – 24, 01 jan. 2000