Attorney at Law
Amanda Guimarães Cordeiro de Souza joined Licks Attorneys’ Rio de Janeiro office as an attorney at law in 2016. Her practice has been focusing on complex disputes, mainly in the fields of commercial law, corporate law and infrastructure, before both arbitral tribunals and Brazilian trial and appellate courts.
Prior to her experience with litigation and arbitration in a boutique law firm, Ms. Cordeiro practiced commerce registry before Brazilian Boards of Trade as well as both agreements and articles of organization drafting.
• Intellectual Property
• Food & Drug Law
• Technology, Media & Telecommunications
• Attendance to the Brazilian Arbitration Competition – CAMARB (2012/2013), and to the William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (2012/2013), as member of the Study Group on Arbitration and International Trade Law (GEADICI PUC-RJ).
• Member of the Mediation Committee (CMC).
• Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ).
• LL.B with curricular emphasis on Civil Litigation, Pontifical Catholic University – Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ), 2014.
• Exchange program at University of Richmond (UR), 2011, as part of the LL.B.
• Extension Program in Cross Border Transactions – M&A Setting, Central Coordination of Extension Programs of PUC-RJ (CCE PUC-RJ), 2012.
• Extension Program in Arbitration, Superior School of Laws of OAB/RJ (ESA OAB/RJ), 2015.
• Master’s Degree candidate in Civil Law, Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ).