Attorney at Law
Angela Bittencourt da Fonseca is an attorney at law and holds the position of Head of Corporate Law at Licks Attorneys since 2016. Ms. Fonseca’s practice focuses on the counseling of international investors
in Brazil, in every aspect of corporate transactions and contract law for several industries, namely: information technology, retail, cosmetics, mining, oil & gas, and others.
Ms. Fonseca has worked for more than 15 years in top-ranked law firms in Brazil, and practiced in the areas of Intellectual Property, Corporate and Arbitration. She was also an international visiting scholar in the firm
Crowell & Moring LLP, in Washington, D.C., in the areas of Intellectual Property, International Trade and International Arbitration.
In addition to legal practice, Ms. Fonseca has engaged in teaching activities in Candido Mendes University, Rio de Janeiro, where she was an assistant professor of Corporate Law.
• Antitrust Matters
• Computer Programs
• Life Sciences
• Internet, E-commerce & Software
• Food & Drug Law
• Technology, Media & Telecommunications
• Trademark, Trade Dress & Publicity Rights Matters
• Trademark Prosecution
• Unfair Competition
• Antitrust Law Internship at the Secretariat of Economic Monitoring, Ministry of Finance (SEAE) – Brasilia, Brazil (2004).
• Corporate Law professor at Candido Mendes University – Downtown Campus (2005-2007)
• Participant as an arbitrator in the Rio de Janeiro Pre-Moot.
• Co-author in the client alert “Brazil’s Office of Foreign Trade Announces Proposed List of U.S.
Goods to Face Higher Duties”, Crowell & Moring International Trade Bulletin (2009).
• Published article: “Appointments on the Market of Collective Management Public Exhibition of Music”. 78 Journal of the Brazilian Association for Intellectual Property (ABPI), 26 (2005) [“Sobre o Mercado de Arrecadação e Distribuição de Direitos Autorais de Utilização Pública de Obras Fonográficas” Revista da ABPI N. 78 (2005).]
• Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ)
• New York State Bar Association – Admitted to practice in New York State.
• Graduate Program, Arbitration, Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro (OAB-RJ), 2011.
• LL.M., Columbia University – New York, NY, U.S.A., 2009.
• LL.B., Rio de Janeiro State University – Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), 2004.