Attorney at Law
Angela Bittencourt da Fonseca is a dual qualified lawyer in Brazil and New York state. She has been Head of Corporate Law at Licks Attorneys since 2016. Ms. Fonseca assists local and international clients in equity, debt and asset-based transactions; regulatory matters; data privacy issues; innovation programs and technology transfer agreements in several industries, such as: IT, pharma, food, oil & gas and healthcare.
Ms. Fonseca has solid 15-years of experience in top-ranked law firms in Brazil in the areas of Intellectual Property, Corporate and Commercial Arbitration. She was also a Visiting International Scholar at Crowell & Moring LLP, in Washington, D.C. and a former professor of Corporate Law at Candido Mendes University, in Rio de Janeiro.In addition to legal practice, Ms. Fonseca has engaged in teaching activities in Candido Mendes University, Rio de Janeiro, where she was an assistant professor of Corporate Law.
• Antitrust Matters
• Computer Programs
• Life Sciences
• Internet, E-commerce & Software
• Food & Drug Law
• Technology, Media & Telecommunications
• Trademark, Trade Dress & Publicity Rights Matters
• Trademark Prosecution
• Unfair Competition
• Antitrust Law Internship at the Secretariat of Economic Monitoring, Ministry of Finance (SEAE) – Brasilia, Brazil (2004).
• Corporate Law professor at Candido Mendes University – Downtown Campus (2005-2007)
• Participant as an arbitrator in the Rio de Janeiro Pre-Moot.
• Co-author in the client alert “Brazil’s Office of Foreign Trade Announces Proposed List of U.S.
Goods to Face Higher Duties”, Crowell & Moring International Trade Bulletin (2009).
• Published article: “Appointments on the Market of Collective Management Public Exhibition of Music”. 78 Journal of the Brazilian Association for Intellectual Property (ABPI), 26 (2005) [“Sobre o Mercado de Arrecadação e Distribuição de Direitos Autorais de Utilização Pública de Obras Fonográficas” Revista da ABPI N. 78 (2005).]
• Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ)
• New York State Bar Association – Admitted to practice in New York State.
• Graduate Program, Arbitration, Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro (OAB-RJ), 2011.
• LL.M., Columbia University – New York, NY, U.S.A., 2009.
• LL.B., Rio de Janeiro State University – Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), 2004.