Science & Patent Specialist
Danielle Altomari is a patent specialist at Licks Attorneys’ Rio de Janeiro office since 2018; Ms. Altomari’s practice has been focusing on processing patent applications, analysis of patentability, preparation of reports and compliance/ contestation of technical opinions issued by the Brazilian PTO. She has knowledge of the normative instructions, examination guidelines, Brazilian IP law and the main intellectual property treaties. She has 14 years of experience in Biotechnology researches, working with environmental and industrial microbiology, biotechnology applied to the oil industry, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Intellectual Property
- Technology, Media &Telecommunications
- Life Sciences
- Master´s degree in Environmental Engineering mode Environmental Management from Polytechnic School of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (2014 – 2015);
- Postgraduate degree in Environmental Management from the Polytechnic School of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and Brazil UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) (2012-2013);
- Postgraduate degree in Environmental and Industrial Microbiology by the Brazilian Society for Microbiology and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (2011 – 2012);
- Degree in Biological Sciences from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (2005 – 2009);
- Biotechnology Technical Course by Federal Chemical Technical School (2000-2002).
- Teixeira, D. A., da Motta, C. R., Ribeiro, C. M. S., & de Castro, A. M. (2017). A rapid enzyme-catalyzed pretreatment of the acidic oil of macauba (Acrocomia aculeata) for chemoenzymatic biodiesel production. Process Biochemistry, 53, 188-193;
- PETROBRAS. de Castro A.M.; de Oliveira, A. C.; Valoni, E.; Teixeira, D. A.; da Motta. Enzymatic depolymerization process of post-consumer polyethylene terephthalate and recycled poly (ethylene terephthalate).BR. BR1020160155223, July 01, 2016; Int CI C08J 11/10; C08J 11/24; C08G 63/88; B29B 17/04. BR. BR 10 2016 015522-3. July 01, 2016, March 13, 2018. Intelectual Property Journal, Rio de Janeiro, No.2462, p.344.
- Gallois, K.; Altomari D. New Regulation encourages life sciences innovation. Managing Intellectual Property, 97-98, 2016;
- Santos HF, et al. Comparison of different protocols for the extraction of microbial DNA from reef corals. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, in press, 2012.