Science & Patent Specialist
Denise Golgher joined Licks Attorneys’ Rio de Janeiro office as a Biotechnology Specialist in 2015.
She has over 20 years’ experience Working with Cell Biology, Immunology and Biotechnology.
Her extensive experience includes studies and analysis of emerging technologies in human health and business development.
In addition, she is well versed in the biotechnology sector in Brazil, coordinated a study in 2007, and worked as a consultant in the Brazil Biotech map of 2011.
Since 2003, she assists companies and academics in Brazil and abroad in biotechnology-based businesses.
Denise studied Business Management at Dom Cabral Foundation (Brazil), which ranks as the best business school in Latin America.
• Golgher D.; Rodrigues, R . The Business of Immuno-Oncology.Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News, 01 fev. 2016;
• Golgher D Rodrigues R and Massafera RC Biosimilars in Brazil: Developments in 2015 and Business Perspectives Journal of Commercial Biotechnology (2015) 21(4), 44–50;
• Torres-Freire,C; Callil, V, Golgher,D. 2015. Human Health Biotechnology in Brazil: Can we advance? Journal of Commercial Biotechnology.21:20-30;
• Zalcberg I and Golgher D. 2015 Molecular Genetics of Glioblastomas: Defining sub-types and understanding biology. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 25(1):97-103;
• Golgher D, Elliott, T, Howarth, M. 2003. Processing and presentation of glycoproteins in the MHC class I and II antigen presentation pathways In: Immunobiology of Carbohydrates ed.: Landes Bioscience;
• Golgher D, Jones E, Powrie F, Elliott T, Gallimore A. 2002. Depletion of CD25+ regulatory cells uncovers immune responses to shared murine tumor rejection antigens. Eur J Immunol. 32(11):3267-75;
• Golgher D, Korangy F, Gao B, Gorski K, Jaffee E, Edidin M,; Pardoll DM, Elliott T. 2001.
Animmunodominant MHC class II-restricted tumor antigen is conformation dependent and
binds to the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone, calreticulin. J Immunol. 167(1):147-55.
• Post-doctoral Degree in Tumour Immunology, University of Oxford
(laboratory later relocated to Southampton), 2003;
• Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 1999;
• MSc in Biochemistry, University of Sao Paulo (USP), 1992;
• BSc in Biology, Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), 1989.