Attorney at Law
Douglas Leite is an experienced attorney with ten years’ practice in different areas of Law and joined Licks Attorneys in 2012. As a litigator, he works in complex lawsuits involving regulatory issues for internet-based companies. In intellectual property matters, he represents clients in litigations concerning patent infringement and validity in cases related to telecommunications, the mechanical and pharmaceutical industries. As a consultant, he deals with privacy and cybersecurity issues, technology transfer, IP rights and licensing matters for national and international companies.
- Intellectual Property
- Licensing & Tecnology
- Trade Secrets & Regulatory
- Unfair Competition
- Regulatory Law
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Cyber Law
- Data Protection
- Internet Privacy Law
- Internet, E-commerce & Software
- Co-author of the article “Brazil: Decision On The Secret App Applies Internet Bill Of Rights” which Mondaq awarded ‘The Most Popular Article’ for Brazil during October 2015.
- Teacher in courses regarding intellectual property for business.
- Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ).
- ITechLaw (International Technology Law Association)
Bachelor of Law (LL.B), Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, 2007