Eduardo Hallak is a partner at Licks Attorneys. For nearly a decade, he has been working as a litigator before state and federal courts in Brazil, in several complex disputes and leading cases involving regulatory compliance, unfair competition and patents, most of them pursuing the interests of clients in the area of life sciences. He also has extensive practice in trademark litigation as well as technology transfer contracts, working together with multinational clients to establish strong brand protection and licensing programs in the country.
Hallak currently teaches IP litigation in the Post-Graduation course at the prestigious Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ) and is enrolled in the Masters of Law on Civil Procedure at the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ). He constantly lectures on procedural and strategic aspects of IP litigation and is a member of the Special Commission on Mediation of the Rio de Janeiro Chapter of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB-RJ) and the Enforcement Committee of INTA.
- Trademark, Trade Dress & Publicity Rights Matters
- Food & Drug Law
- Licensing & Technology Transfer
- Industrial Designs
- Internet, E-commerce & Software
- The 2017 edition of Leaders League guide recognized Eduardo Hallak as ‘HIGHLY RECOMMENDED’ in Life Sciences.
- Recognized as an IP Leader by WIPR Leaders 2017 in the Life Sciences, Media, Patent and Technology areas.
- Eduardo Hallak was recognized by the World Trademark Review 2016 as a leading Trademark professional;
- Professor on the Post-Graduation Course in Intellectual Property at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ) (2014);
- Professor on the Advanced Course on Civil Procedure in Intellectual Property, at the Associação Brasileira dos Agentes da Propriedade Industrial – ABAPI (2011);
- Speaker at the Brazilian Bar Institute (IAB), on the panel “Civil Procedure Topics regarding IP Litigation”, on December 3rd, 2013;
- Speaker at the V ABAPISUL Meeting, on the panel “The Enforcement of Industrial Design Rights before Courts”, on March 21st, 2010;
- Author of “Medicine Packaging and Copyrights”, article published in World Intellectual Property Review January/February 2010;
- Author of “Data Package Protection in Brazil”, article published in World Intellectual Property Review November/December 2011;
- Speaker at the FDLI US & Brazil Conference, on the panel “Medical Products: IP Issues”, on September 11th, 2011;
- “Ambush Marketing and Sport Events”, article published in Visão Jurídica n. 78 January 2013;
- Co-author for “Brazilian Courts: ANVISA Must Apply Federal Law or Face Bad Faith Litigation”, Update Magazine, a publication of the Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI), Issue 1, January/February 2015, pages 25-27.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB – RJ);
- Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI);
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA);
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG);
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, currently enrolled as a Masters candidate in Civil Procedure Law (2011);
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (2005)