Of Counsel & Advisor
Gustavo Licks is an attorney at law and an accountant. He is an of counsel at Licks Attorneys, bringing a unique experience to the Judicial Recovery and Insolvency practice. His dual training allows him to understand complex financial and contractual operations, translating them to the courts. Moreover, his practice targeting judicial evidence collection has proven critical in several cases.
Mr. Licks’ career spans over 15 years of experience as a consultant in intense forensic operation for lawyers and judges, specialized in setting up judicial evidence of fraud, measurement of damage, valuation of assets, insolvency, bankruptcy, including others.
Gustavo Licks is an expert in Business Evaluation. He is regularly invited to teach trial and appellate judges at the Judicial Training Institute in Rio de Janeiro and was a professor of Enterprise Evaluation, Audit and Accounting Theory at Mackenzie Rio University until 2006.
- Managed the capital reconstruction of both a Brazilian and a Portuguese airline company;
- Managed the Turnaround of several Brazilian companies;
- As counsel and expert witness for attorneys, worked on opinions to prove the arguments of businesses from a wide range of industries, including healthcare, mining and tobacco.
- Member of the Judicial and Extrajudicial Recovery and Bankruptcy Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB-RJ);
- Portuguese Bar Association.
- LL.M in Accounting, Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ), 2003;
- Post-Graduation Program in Economic and Company Law, Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV), 2000;
- LL.B in Accounting, Moraes Junior Mackenzie University, 1999;
- LL.B in Law, Rio de Janeiro Federal University (UFRJ), 2000.