Science & Patent Specialist
Luciana Terra is a Jr. Patent Specialist who joined Licks Attorneys in 2017. She is Biologist and PhD student in Science and Biotechnology at Federal Fluminense University. Ms. Terra thesis has been focusing in the discovery of new antibiotics against pathogenic bacteria and fungi in order to overcome microbial resistance in medical treatment. Furthermore, her project aims to identify new active secondary metabolites biosynthesis clusters in microbial genome.
Luciana was a trainee at a Brazilian Research Clinic as a Scientific Adviser dealing with customer support in medical products, microbiological tests, immunodiagnostic kits and technovigilance. During her graduation, she had a scholarship in the Laboratory of Allergic Diseases at Federal Fluminense University studying seroreactivity of pregnant to the fish parasite Anisakis spp.
- Life Sciences
- Biosys Ltda – Trainee job as a Scientific Adviser, 2012. Methods of diagnosis in biochemistry dealing with biochemical and urinalysis equipment. Customer support with medical products, microbiological tests and immunodiagnostic kits.
- National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPQ), 2011-2012. Scientific study of seroreactivity to Anisakis spp. in the perinatal period.
- PhD in Science and Biotechonology (PhD), Federal Fluminense University, on going. Postgraduate PhD program at Swansea University in Wales – United Kingdom (UK), 2015-2016;
- Master in Science and Biotechonology (MSc), Federal Fluminense University – Rio de Janeiro (UFF), 2014;
- Bachelor in Biological Science, Federal Fluminense University – Rio de Janeiro (UFF), 2013.
- Luciana Terra, Eliza de L. Chazin , Paola de S. Sanches , Max Saito , Marcus V.N. de Souza,Claudia R.B. Gomes, James L. Wardell , Solange M.S.V. Wardell , Plínio C. Sathler , Gabriela C.C. Silva , Viviane O. Lione, Marcos Kalil, Ana Joffily, Helena C. Castro, Thatyana R.A. Vasconcelos. Evaluation of 1,3-benzoxathiol-2- one derivatives as potential antifungal agents. Medicinal Chemistry, 2017. (status: accepted)
- Pereira, Rebeca; Lourenço, André; Terra, Luciana; Abreu, P.A.; Laneuville Teixeira, Valéria; Castro, Helena Marine Diterpenes: Molecular modeling of thrombin inhibitors with potential biotechnological application as an antithrombotic. Marine Drugs, V.15, P.79 – 92, 2017.
- Pires De Mello, Camilly P; Sardoux, Nathália S;Terra, Luciana; Amorim, Leonardo C; Vargas, Maria D; Silva, Gustavo B; Castro, Helena C; Giongo, Viveca A; Madeira, Lucianne F; Paixão, Izabel CNP.Aminomethylnaphthoquinones and Hsv-1: in vitro and in silico evaluations of potential antivirals. Antiviral Therapy (London). V.X, P.X -, 2016.
- Rabelo, Vitor Won-Held; Santos, Taísa Fortes; Terra, Luciana; Santana, Marcos Vinícius; Castro, Helena Carla; Rodrigues, Carlos Rangel; Abreu, Paula Alvarez. Targeting CYP51 for drug design by the contributions of molecular modeling. Fundamental & Clinical Pharmacology, v.30, p.1 – 5, 2016.
- Figueiredo, Israel; Vericimo, Mauricio; Terra, Luciana; Ferreira, Taylane; São Clemente, Sergio Carmona; Teixeira, Gerlinde. Association between immunoreactivity to Anisakis spp. antigens and high-risk pregnancy. Acta Parasitologica. v.60, p.1 – 613, 2015.
- Terra, Luciana ; Castro, Helena Carla; Abreu, Paula Alvarez. Molecular modeling of a series of pyridinecarboxamidrazone-azole derivatives with antifungal activity. Medicinal Chemistry Research (Print)., v.23, p.1554-8120 – 2014.
- Terra, Luciana; Abreu, Paula A.; Teixeira, Valéria L.; Paixão, Izabel C. P.; Pereira, Rebeca; Leal, Bruno; Lourenço, André Luiz; Rampelotto, Pabulo H.; Castro, Helena C. Mycoses and Antifungals: reviewing the basis of a current problem that still is a biotechnological target for marine products. Frontiers in Marine Science., v.1, p.1 -, 2014.