Attorney at Law
Sergio Ricardo Correia de Sá Junior joined Licks Attorneys’ Rio de Janeiro office as an attorney at law in 2016. He has focused his practice on litigation, intellectual property and regulatory cases. Prior to his experience in one of the biggest telecommunication companies in Latin America, Sergio worked in a boutique law firm drawing legal opinions on national and international taxes, as well as administrative matters. Sergio began his career in a prominent full-service Brazilian law firm, where he worked as an intern with complex disputes involving large companies, mainly in the fields of civil and real state law.
• Represented a major Brazilian telecommunications company in a leading case, helping to suspend instalation rates due to the renew of phone stations’ licenses. Obtained a judgment of $ 238 million USD;
• Worked during the inicial period of the biggest judicial reorganization of Latin America, in order to restructure the liabilities of a Brazilian telecommunications company;
• Represented a famous hotel in a repossession suit against a fancy restaurant in Rio de Janeiro. The case has been settled.
• Extension Program in Arbitration, Superior School of Law of the Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro (ESA OAB/RJ), 2016.
• LL.B with curricular empashis on Civil Litigation, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ), 2015.