Attorney at Law
Viviane de Medeiros Trojan is an Attorney at Law at Licks Attorneys’ Rio de Janeiro office since 2011. She started her career in 2009 as an intern member of the litigation team of a family-owned patent agency in Latin America, from where Licks departed. Ms. Trojan has experience in intellectual property matters, including unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, telecommunications and other complex litigation. Her practice is now focused on complex regulatory disputes and civil issues – mainly related to Technology cases.
- Represented a Union of Brazilian Pharmaceutical Companies in a lawsuit seeking the stay of a Rule issued by the Brazilian FDA (ANVISA) to prohibit the importation and commercialization of vaccines with trademarks in Brazil. Ms. Trojan was part of the team which managed to have the injunction allowing pharmaceutical companies members of the Union to resume importation and commercialization of vaccines with trademarks in Brazil. The injunction was upheld by the Federal Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit.
- Represented an American app developer company in several lawsuits seeking the right to freely operate in Brazil. Managed to have the injunction determining the authorities to prevent the client from operating in Rio and Sao Paulo.
- Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ)
- Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI)
- LL.B, Federal Fluminense University – Niterói (UFF), 2010
- Post Graduate Program in Civil Procedural Law, Pontifical Catholic University – Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ), 2013
- In collaboration with L. Roriz, article: Brazilian Patent Statute under attack: an overview of what may change. Prevail virtual magazine, n. 2, Mar 3, 2015;
- In collaboration with E. Hallak, article: Brazilian Courts recognize pharmaceutical companies’ right to use trademarks in vaccines. Prevail virtual magazine, n. 1, Feb 12, 2015.